Join AMC or Renew Your Membership
Whether you like hiking, backpacking, climbing, biking, canoeing, kayaking, or city-based adventures, the Appalachian Mountain Club has something for you. Becoming a member includes the following benefits:
- Access to hundreds of great trips, where you can meet like-minded outdoor enthusiasts
- Membership in the AMC and in the New York-North Jersey Chapter
- Savings of up to 20% on AMC huts and lodges and guided programs
- Discounts for stays at our Fire Island Cabin and the Corman Harriman AMC Outdoor Center
- Savings of 20% on AMC books and maps, and 10% on regularly priced merchandise in our online store and retail locations
- A portion of your dues are tax-deductible
Already an AMC member? Renew your membership any time.
AMC has always been about connecting people to the outdoors and actively engaging them in a way that encourages the stewardship and understanding of our natural resources. Your membership helps protect the mountains, forests, waters, and trails of the Appalachian region through:
- Stewardship of over 1,500 miles of trails
- Research on air quality and alpine ecosystems
- Advocacy for federal and state land conservation funding
Renew your membership here.
Got a question about AMC membership?
Contact the New York-North Jersey Chapter’s Membership Chair at