Here are some important resources for trip leaders for the New York-North Jersey Chapter:
- Leadership Training
- Transportation Codes
- AMC Activities Database
- Activities Database Video Instructions
- Activities Database Style Guide
- SOAP Note
- Trip Talk Card
- Service Dog Policy
- Posting on Meetup
- COVID Guidelines (Oct 2021)
AMC Forms and Manuals
Outdoor Leadership Information
- AMC’s Outdoor Leader Handbook
- Leader Requirements and Guidelines (LRG) — This important document describes in detail the rules and procedures for leading volunteer activities for AMC.
- Risk Management and Leadership Guidelines – May 2020
- AMC DEI Resource Guide
- Volunteer Release Agreement This is the release agreement for volunteer-led activities — to be printed out, read, signed, and returned to the AMC.
- Volunteer Release Agreement FAQ
- AMC Liability Waiver Requirements and Procedures — This document explains the current procedures for the use and submission of paper waivers.
- Release Agreement for AMC’s Volunteer-Managed Facilities — This similar release applies to guests of AMC’s volunteer-managed facilities.
- Release Agreement for AMC Major Excursions — This release agreement is for participants of an AMC major excursion.
- AMC Photo Release Form
Reporting & Communications Information
- AMC Incident Report – Use this form to report any incidents arising during an AMC-led trip.
Trail Volunteer Information
Hiking Leader Training Resources
- How to Plan a Hike
- Scenarios for Leader Training
- Winter Hiking 101
- Introduction to Hiking with the AMC
Canoe & Kayak Committee Resources
- Dope Sheet Template — Use this template as a sample for your trip dope sheet
- Sample Trip Finance Report — Use this template as a sample finance report for your trip
- Sample Trip Finance Report #2 — Another sample finance report for your trip
- Trip Leader Checklist — A handy checklist for all your trips
- Frequently Used Campgrounds
- Whitewater Class 1-3 Rating Card
- Touring Water Class 1-3 Rating Card